This is a major crowd pleaser and a super easy salad. It always amazed me how both kids and adults go crazy for it. Serve over basmati rice, and you're good to go!
- Prep Time
- 4 kirby cucumbers, peeled
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
1. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds and place in a bowl. Add the pomegranate, corn, and poppy seeds.
2. In a small jar, shake together the vinegar, oils, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour the marinade over the cucumbers and toss well.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Shavuot 2015. Subscribe Now.
Newsletter subscribe line: Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.