Nothing compares to the texture of silky butternut squash soup. It’s velvety and incredibly comforting on a cold winter day. I make this soup for many of my client’s kids. They adore this soup and don’t even realize that they’re eating a healthy vegetable. If available, buy pre-cut butternut squash-huge time saver!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 3 tablespoons honey
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and sauté onion until translucent.
2. Add the stock, butternut squash, curry, and honey. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for another 25 minutes.
3. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth and creamy.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.