This delicious curried chicken soup combines leftover or rotisserie chicken with the bold flavors of coconut milk, curry and lime for a wonderfully light but satisfying meal. It has rice in it too, so it is really a one pot dinner. Serve with some spring rolls or dumplings if desired.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Sauté onions, ginger and garlic for about 4 minutes or until tender.
3. Add carrots and sauté 2 more minutes.
4. Add chicken stock and brown rice and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Stir in coconut milk, chicken, lime zest and juice, curry powder and salt and cook 5 minutes, until chicken is heated through.
6. Stir in cilantro and serve.