Dates in Hebrew are tamarim, a play on the word yitamu, “[may our enemies be] destroyed.” Finished. Yesterday. And you don’t have to be a child to love Winnie-the-Pooh’s “hunny.” The ultimate symbol of sweetness, we consume honey as we pray for a “good sweet year.”
If you love sticky, tangy chicken you will love this easy, exotic chicken recipe.
Related: 40 Ways to Cook Chicken
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup apple juice
- 12 pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, about 3 pounds
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare glaze: In a food processor, combine apple juice, dates, garlic, honey, olive oil, and salt. Pulse until fairly smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and glaze; toss to coat well.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken reaches 175°F internal temperature.
Serve with Whole Wheat Stuffing with Leeks.