Make this over the top cauliflower rice with your favorite salami, you won't believe how good this mix is.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces thick-cut salami or pastrami, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red or green jalapeño, thinly sliced (seeded for less spicy)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
1. Trim the cauliflower stem, then chop the cauliflower, including the stem, into large pieces.
2. Process the cauliflower, pulsing, until finely minced and approximately the size of rice, or grate on the large holes of a box grater. If desired, encase the cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess liquid; set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salami and cook, stirring, until crisped, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the remaining onions bell peppers, and jalapeño and cook, stirring, until softened, 8 to 9 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, and oregano and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower, salt, and parsley and cook, stirring, until the cauliflower is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with more salt and garnish with parsley.