We love the simple 2-ingredient dough to make bagels, but it turns out it works really well with almond meal too, so people who are gluten free or looking to cut back on carbs can now have bagels any time.
These also work for Passover, but omit the sesame seed topping if you don't eat kitniyot.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt (plus more if needed)
1. Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift almond meal, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Add Greek yogurt and stir until combined. If dry add more yogurt as needed.
3. Form into rolls and place on prepared baking sheet. Use your fingers to make a hole in the center of each roll.
4. Mix 1 tablespoon yogurt with 1 teaspoon water, brush over bagels and top with desired seasoning or seeds. Baked for 18-20 minutes until golden.