This an easy soup to make once you start with a good chicken or vegetable broth. You can always use a bouillion cube in a pinch, just look for the most natural brand out there.
You can serve simply with chopped green onions or serve with wontons and make it a meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch white pepper
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water and pour into broth.
- Beat eggs well with a fork in a small bowl and slowly stream in eggs with the tines of the fork, stirring with the fork after each addition.
- Season the soup with white pepper, and garnish with green onions.
- If serving with wontons, add to soup, simmer for 20 minutes and serve.