Instead of the regular egg salad try egg whites mixed with sauteed spinach for something different you might just like even better. Add avocado if desired.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dozen eggs, boiled and separated, set yolks aside for another use
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon light mayonaisse
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- Optional: chopped avocado
1. In a saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent; add spinach, salt and pepper until cooked through. Let cool.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine egg whites, mayonnaise, spinach-onion mixture and cumin along with salt and pepper to taste. Mix and mash well.