Instead of the regular egg salad try egg whites mixed with sauteed spinach for something different you might just like even better. High in protein and loaded with vitamins this new age egg salad is perfect on a toasted English Muffin. Add avocado if desired.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dozen eggs, boiled and separated, set yolks aside for another use
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon light mayonaisse
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- Optional: chopped avocado
1. In a saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent; add spinach, salt and pepper until cooked through. Let cool.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine egg whites, mayonnaise, spinach-onion mixture and cumin along with salt and pepper to taste. Mix and mash well.