After Sukkot, save your etrogs and make this tasty Etrog cake. Any other time of year you can go ahead and use lemon, but there is nothing like an etrog cake.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 1 etrog
- 1 lime
- ½ lemon
- 2¾ cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup vegan butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
2. Zest the etrog peel in to a bowl (optional), add lime juice, lemon juice and juice from the etrog. Reserve 1 tablespoon of juice mix for glaze.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream vegan butter and sugar until fluffy. Add citrus mixture and blend.
4. Add eggs and beat well. Alternate adding half of the flour mixture with the cup of orange juice, beating well after each addition.
5. Pour into bundt pan and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, stir 1 tablespoon juice mixture, confectioners sugar, orange juice, and vanilla. Drizzle glaze on top of cake.
Recipe adapted from Kosher Southern-Style Cookbook.