Now that we have Facon we can join the “bacon”-wrapped-date craze. Traditionally, this dish calls for dates studded with cheese and/or nuts, but this two-ingredient kosher, Rosh Hashanah-friendly version is simply perfect as-is.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 5 slices kosher “bacon,” cut into thirds
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
1. Position oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
2. Wrap a piece of “bacon” around each date.
3. Place seam-side down on the prepared pan, pressing firmly.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp.
5. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve as-is or with tahini for dipping.