- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound shelled fava beans I used frozen
- 1 pound lamb or beef stew meat
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 8 artichoke hearts
- 1 preserved lemon rinsed and cut into quarters
Place pressure cooker or Dutch oven over high heat. Add oil and brown meat. Add the onions, garlic, spices, and herbs and cook a few minutes more.
Add about 2 cups of water, cover the pressure cooker or dutch oven, and increase the heat to high. When pressure has been achieved, lower the heat to medium to medium-high, and cook with pressure for about 30 minutes if using the Dutch oven cook for about an hour.
Bring down the pressure or uncover the Dutch oven and add the fava beans, artichoke hearts and lemons. If necessary, add enough water so that the artichokes and beans are completely submerged when pushed down with a spoon.
Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and cook for 20 - 30 minutes, until the broth is thick.
Serve with crusty bread or with mashed sweet or white potatoes.