The combination of white beans, roasted sweet potato, fennel and a really awesome lemon thyme vinaigrette creates a really solid, flavorful vegetarian lunch, dinner, appetizer or salad.
Love this meal in a bowl? Try the Spring Power Bowl.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Fennel White Bean Bowl
- 1 large sweet potato cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 cup feta or shaved pecorino cheese (optional)
Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 packed tablespoons fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F.
1. Toss sweet potatoes with oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes tossing halfway through. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile place beans in a large bowl. Top with sliced fennel, baby spinach, cooled roasted sweet potato and avocado.
3. Prepare vinaigrette by combining oil, lemon, shallots, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle dressing over veggies and top with cheese if using.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.