Most recipes for Caesar dressing use Worcestershire sauce, which contains anchovies in minuscule amounts. Here we’re using the pure article. If raw eggs bother you, see the note below for an egg-free dressing. Order your kosher fish sauce here.
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Place the first 4 ingredients into a blender and pulse until garlic is finely minced.
2. With the blender running on a slow speed, remove the top plug from blender lid and very slowly stream evoo in. When all oil has been added, turn off the blender and taste the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste and pulse to combine.
3. For an egg-free dressing: Replace egg and oil with ¾ cup of mayonnaise. Blend mayo, garlic, lemon juice, and fish sauce in the blender until garlic is chopped. Add salt and pepper to taste, and pulse to combine.
Romaine lettuce, homemade croutons and shaved Parmesan