- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24-28 ServingsServings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, date sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons xylitol or granulated sugar of choice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 4-6 tablespoon milk of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease two baking sheets and set aside.
3. Blend together the oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a blender or food processor until evenly combined.
4. Place in a large mixing bowl and add chocolate chips, sugar of choice, oil, and 2 tablespoons of the milk.
5. Stir together to form a dough, very slowly adding more milk of choice if the mixture is too dry to form a dough.
6. Using your hands or a cookie scoop, roll or form into 24 to 28 balls.
7. Place on the prepared sheets, then press the balls to flatten.
8. Bake for 6 minutes. The cookies will look underdone at first, but this is what you want; the cookies continue to cook as they cool.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the sheets.
10. Store leftovers in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.