A really great snack for those late night munchies or anytime of day for that matter are these pickled vegetables. You can pickle any vegetables you like and they take about 24 hours, but they can sit in the fridge for weeks.
We love carrots, kohlrabi, peppers, green beans, fennel, cauliflower, radishes, cabbage, cucumbers and anything you want to try.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
- 2 cups veggies of choice, sliced or cut to bite size pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar (distilled or cider)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Optional flavorings: whole peppercorns, garlic cloves, fennel seeds, star anise, jalapeno, bay leaf, coriander seeds, dill, mustard seed,
- Place cut up veggies in a glass jar big enough to accommodate the veggies plus liquid.
- If using flavorings, add them now.
- Combine water, vinegar, salt and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stirring until salt dissolves. Remove from heat, allow to cool just a bit before pouring over veggies.
- Cover and let sit in fridge for 24 hours before serving.