Get the flavors of savory shawarma with a lean, quick cooking white fish. The results are healthy, delicious and just might be your new favorite way to get your shawarma fix.
Make this at home or treat yourself and order it at the King's Court, Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem's delicious dairy restaurant.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ounces (240 g) fresh white fish fillets, sliced into 8 strips
- Jamie Geller Shawarma spice mix to coat fish
- Pinch paprika
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (40 g) tahini
- Optional for serving: fresh sliced radishes, greens (baby lettuce, arugula, spinach), roasted chili peppers and tomatoes
1. Season fish strips with ras el hanout, paprika, salt, pepper and oil. Mix together in a bowl.
2. Place in fridge for about 4 hours; remove 15 minutes before cooking.
3. On a high flame, heat a small amount of oil in a medium sized pan. When pan and oil are hot add the fish strips. Fry until strips are golden (about 3 minutes).
4. Serve fish with tahini and your choice of fresh sliced radishes, baby greens, roasted chilis and/or roasted tomatoes.