This is one of my favorite Pesach dessert recipes that I handpicked from Gatherings, a cookbook published by Netivot HaTorah Day School, and available through Feldheim Publishers. Prep time does not include freeze time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg yolks until thick and creamy.
2. Add sugar and continue beating until light yellow. Remove from bowl and set aside.
3. Add non-dairy whipped topping to the bowl. Whip until soft peaks form.
4. Add lemon juice and zest.
5. Fold whipped cream mixture into yolk mixture and pour into spring form pan. Cover and freeze for 5 hours.
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites with sugar until soft peaks form.
2. Remove pie from freezer and spread egg white mixture over mousse.
3. Brown the top using a kitchen torch, or broil for 1 minute.
4. Return to freezer. Serve frozen.
As seen in the Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Passover 2012 – Subscribe Now