These potato-packed breakfast squares will "fill you up, not out!"
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 4 large (9-ounces each) Idaho® potatoes, baked and cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup mixed dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, chopped apricots, etc.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 7 x 11-inch baking pan.
2. Peel the skin off cooled potatoes and slice thinly. Arrange half of the sliced potatoes in buttered pan. Cover potatoes evenly with dried fruit.
3. Top fruit layer with remaining potato slices.
4. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and pour over potatoes.
5. Place pan of potatoes in a large baking pan (like a 9 x 13-inch pan), and carefully pour ½ inch of boiling water in the larger pan to create a water bath.
6. Cover potatoes with foil and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
7. Uncover potatoes and bake another 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven, cut into 6 squares and serve.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission