These Garbanzo Bean Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies with Toasted Sesame Seeds, inspred by Eden products are a healthier way to enjoy chocolate chip cookies.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 can EDEN garbanzos, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon EDEN sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon organic white sesame seeds
1. Blend all ingredients, except chocolate and sesame seeds, in a blender on low speed until well blended, using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides as needed. Mixture will not be completely smooth because of the coconut; just make sure no bean chunks remain.
2. Transfer the blender mixture to a large bowl; stir in chocolate chips. Put bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. While the dough is chilling, toast sesame seeds over medium heat in a skillet until light brown. Transfer to a plate.
5. Lightly wet your hands, then drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking pan. Re-wet your hands (I like to keep a small bowl of cold water next to the baking pan) and use your fingers to lightly smash the cookies a bit so they lie flat on the pan.
6. Sprinkle the cookies lightly with sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then slide them to a cooling rack.