Chicken Rollatini with Manischewitz Falafel Balls a finalist recipe from the Manischewitz Cook-Off 2013.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 7 boneless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoon flat-leaf parsley plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Zahatar seasoning
- 2 Meyer lemon
- 2 shallot
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 boxes Manischewitz® Falafel Mix
- 14 ounce Manischewitz® Turkey Broth
1. Mince 4 garlic cloves, chop parsley, dice 1 shallot and add to small bowl; set aside.
2. Season chicken thighs with 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. parsley, and 1 Tbsp Zahatar.
3. Heat a large skillet with 1 Tbsp. canola oil.
4. Evenly divide mixture from step 1 onto each chicken thigh and roll until the “stuffing” is covered by the chicken thigh.
5. Cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Then put in oven on 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Uncovered.
7. Make the turkey gravy by boiling 14 oz. turkey broth with the juice of 1 Meyer lemon for 15 minutes or until the gravy reduces.
8. Pour the turkey gravy over the chicken and serve hot!
9. Make the falafel by following the instructions on the back of the box.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!
Contributed by Yitzi Taber from Bergenfield, NJ and one of five finalists in the Manischewitz Cook-Off 2013.