- 1 boneless beef roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Rub:2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves, crushed
1 Heat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2 Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat.
3 Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 2 hours for medium rare doneness.
4 Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil.
5 Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
6 Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired.