We were challenged to come up with a GLUTEN FREE MATZO recipe. Sounds like a contradiction, right?! With the help of Bob's Red Mill amazing products, we were able to pull this off! The potato flour and potato starch make for a crunchy, tasty matzo-like treat that would pair amazingly with some cream cheese and jam. These products are Kosher, but they're not Kosher for Passover.
Get the recipe to make homemade matzo here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Preheat the oven to 500℉.
- Add the potato flour, potato starch and the salt to a bowl and mix.
- Gradually mix in the water. The dough will appear crumbly but will come together as you knead. Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and knead until completely smooth.
- Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking tray. Place a second piece of parchment on top, then press and roll the dough out until it is as thin as you can possibly make it.
- Remove the top piece of parchment. Using a knife or pizza cutter, trim the edges so the dough becomes a rectangle. Then make more cuts across the dough to make it into smaller squares. With a fork (or dough docker- that's a spikey roller), poke a generous amount of holes in the dough, piercing all the way through it.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until matzo begins to darken.