The beautiful citrus sections or supremes-in French, look picture perfect on a plate and are easy to cut.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 cups assorted citrus sections (grapefruit, blood oranges, tangerines, Meyer lemons)
- 1 fennel bulb, white bulb only, fronds reserved for garnish, shaved on a mandolin or cut thinly and put in acidulated water to preserve the color (water with lemon juice)
- 2 red or golden beets
- 1 cup candied kumquats
- 2 cups baby spinach or baby arugula or favorite sturdy greens
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons best quality honey
- 3/4 cup best quality extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly rub beets with the tablespoon of olive oil and wrap them in aluminum foil. Roast the beets until they are easily pierced with a paring knife (about 45 minutes-1 hour). Set aside to cool. Once cooled, peel the beets and slice them into thin wedges.
- Slice the kumquats into 1/4 inch sections and discard the seeds. Drain the fennel. Whisk the tangerine juice, honey and olive oil together. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Before serving, toss all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl or arrange on individual plates and drizzle lightly with vinaigrette.