- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 12 oz. Wide Egg Noodles, uncooked
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds well-trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 .5-oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or parsley
1 Cook noodles according to package directions.
2 Meanwhile, combine flour, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon in a plastic or paper bag. Add lamb; shake to coat.
3 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add lamb, reserving any remaining flour mixture in bag.
4 Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until lamb is well-browned. Transfer lamb to plate or bowl; set aside.
5 Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-low heat. Add carrots and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6 Add garlic and reserved flour mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
7 . Add broth and raisins; bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
8 Stir in lamb; simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until lamb is heated through and sauce thickens.
9 Drain noodles; top with lamb mixture and sprinkle with mint or parsley.
Source: National Pasta Association