It doesn't get simpler than this salad, leave out the cheese if serving with a meat meal, keep it in and make it a light lunch with some crusty bread. Summer tomatoes don't need much to make them shine.
Always make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil, we love Colavita.
- Prep Time
- 2 pints multi-colored grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced baby basil leaves, about 24 small leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes: mozzarella cheese (for dairy preparations)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, basil, evoo, balsamic, salt, and pepper.
- Serve chilled.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.