Many of you asked for salads that eat like a meal, so this is one of those. You can get great flavor by grilling the vegetables and keeping the cooking heat outside, but roasting in the oven is equally delicious and healthy and can all be done on one sheet pan.
Don’t skimp on the dressing; it’s thick and flavorful from the sun-dried tomatoes but low in calories in fat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large ears of corn, in husk, soaked in water
- 2 large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups baby mixed greens
- ½ cup packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Garnish: Roasted chickpeas, fresh basil leaves, grape tomato halves
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place corn in husks on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until lightly charred.
- At the same time coat zucchini and chicken with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and place on grill.
- Cook zucchini and chicken for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more. Remove corn, zucchini and chicken to a platter and allow to cool while prepping dressing.
- In a blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, hot water, vinegar, basil, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and adjust to taste. Add additional hot water if dressing is too thick.
- Cut corn off the cob, and slice zucchini and chicken breasts. Place lettuce, vegetables and chicken on plates and drizzle with salad dressing. Top with chickpeas, basil leaves, grape tomatoes.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 451
- Carbohydrate Content: 44.6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 105 mg
- Fat Content: 12.9 g
- Fiber Content: 2.7 g
- Protein Content: 45.4 g
- Sodium Content: 184 mg
- Sugar Content: 5.7 g