Grilling fish is a super quick way to get dinner on the table fast with minimal clean up, especially if you eat outside.
Make it a meal with some veggie skewers on the side and dress it up with this Green Tahini if you have the time.
Always use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ½ cup lemon juice, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 small shallots, grated on a microplane
- 2½ pounds firm flesh seasonal fish (grouper, tuna, salmon) cut into 2-inch thick pieces
- ½ cup tahini paste
- Garnish: chopped flat-leaf parsley, sumac, schug
1. Soak 1 dozen bamboo skewers in warm water.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together evoo, ¼ cup lemon juice, garlic, sumac, parsley, and shallots.
3. Add fish to marinade, cover, and marinate for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 1 hour. (Fish do not have connective tissue and cannot be marinated longer or the fish will cure and “cook” with the acid in the marinade.)
4. Skewer fish on soaked bamboo skewers.
5. In a medium bowl mix tahini with remaining ¼ cup lemon juice and ¼ cup water. Stir and add more water to reach desired consistency.
6. Preheat grill to medium-high. Soak an old towel in evoo and wipe down grill grates.
7. Grill fish kabobs for about 3 minutes per side.
8. Transfer grilled kabobs to a platter and drizzle with tahini. Garnish with sumac, fresh parsley, and schug.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.