You will love the Fall flavors infused in this flavorful steak, perfect for Shabbat or any weeknight dinner. Serve this London broil with salad and roast potatoes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ pounds london broil
- Garnish: chopped green onions, pomegranate arils
- In a large saute pan, heat evoo over medium high heat. Saute shallots, garlic, ginger and green onion until translucent. Add pomegranate juice and mix well. Add balsamic vinegar and spices and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Reserve half the sauce. Place London broil in a large resealable bag and add half the sauce. Marinade in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Heat grill or broiler to high. Remove meat from marinade and cook to medium rare, about 12 minutes per side. Allow to rest before slicing on the diagonal, lay out on platter, garnish with green onion and pomegranate arils and serve with reserved sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 113 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 40 g
- Sodium Content: 690 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g