An assortment of grilled vegetables served up with nicoise "aioli."
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Niçoise olives, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- Lemon juice to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, thyme, rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 pound eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, parcooked, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
1. In a bowl, combine the shallot, lemon juice, capers, mustard, and anchovy paste.
2. Stir in mayonnaise, yogurt, and olives. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1. In a bowl, combine canola oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt and black pepper.
1. Coat vegetables evenly with the marinade. Let any excess drain completely away from the vegetables.
2. Place vegetables on a hot grill. Cook on both sides (the time will vary depending upon the type of vegetable and the thickness of the cut), rotating once to create crosshatch marks, if desired.
3. Turn the vegetables and complete the cooking on the second side.
4. Serve grilled vegetables with the Niçoise "aioli" on the side.