This recipe makes tofu a main component of any meal. Once drained well, tofu achieves a very firm, meat-like consistency and is incredible grilled, especially as it soaks up all the flavors of the rub.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained well
Levana's Spice Rub:
- 2½ cups dry cilantro flakes
- 2½ cups dry parsley flakes
- 1¼ cups paprika
- 1¼ cups oregano
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup ground cumin
- 2/3 cup ground coriander
- 2/3 cup ground pepper
- ¼ cup ground bay leaf
- 2/3 cup tamarind powder
- 2/3 cup turmeric
1. Mix together ingredients of Levana's Spice Rub. Rub canola oil and spice rub all over the tofu.
2. Allow to sit for about fifteen minutes to absorb flavors.
3. Heat grill pan on medium-high heat. If you do not have a grill pan, you can pan-sear the tofu in a frying pan.
4. Once pan is hot, place steaks and sear for four minutes per side, or until golden.
5. Serve with fresh arugula salad or any side dish of choice.
Spice rub can be stored in perfectly dry and perfectly clean glass jars.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW