The combo of harissa and pomegranate juice make the perfect marinade for this simple chicken dish, delicious all year round. Serve for lunch or dinner as a healthy satisfying main.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon Jamie Geller Harissa
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful fresh mint, chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Pomegranate arils
1. In a bowl, toss and coat chicken with pomegranate juice, harissa and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
2. Place couscous, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 cup boiling water in a large serving bowl. Mix, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a large saute pan, coated with olive oil, over medium-high heat. Saute chicken until browned and cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Tip: To keep the chicken juicy, don't overcook it! It's ready when you cut a large chicken piece in half and the inside is white and the juices run clear.
To serve, fluff couscous with a fork. Top with chicken, tomatoes, herbs, pomegranate arils, lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.