Why should veggies have all the fun? We’ve hasselbacked some of our favorite fruits, a unique spin on this fun food trend. In this Hasselback Pineapple recipe, roasting brings out the fruit’s natural juices and intensifies its sweetness. Swap solid coconut oil for butter to make this a dairy dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ pineapple, peeled and cored
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- Pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup solid coconut oil, or 4 ounces (1 stick butter), cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Lay pineapple down on a cutting board, flat side down with 2 wooden spoons on either side as cutting guides. Cut slices, ¼ inch apart, while allowing the spoons to stop your knife going all the way through, to hold the pineapple together.
3. Place cut pineapple in a casserole dish, and set aside.
4. Whisk rum, orange juice, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla together. Brush pineapple with mixture. Dot with coconut oil or butter. Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes.
5. Baste pineapple with pan juice. Bake pineapple for 15 minutes more. Remove from oven, slice and serve with dairy-free ice cream, pound cake, or just by itself.