Buttery hearts of palm combined with creamy and luxurious avocado is a salad made in heaven.
The dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated for about 2 days.
For best results, use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise made with olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained, rinsed, and sliced in ½-inch thick slices
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butter lettuce leaves or endive leaves
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds, chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Pulse avocado, mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, and evoo in a food processor or blender until it becomes a creamy and a thick puree. Make ahead tip: place in a jar or covered container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
2. Toss hearts of palm, celery, and scallions together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide hearts of palm mixture between lettuce cups and drizzle with avocado dressing. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped flat-leaf parsley as desired.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.