These Herb-Crusted Cutlets would also be divine served as a “burger”. In a white or whole wheat bun of your choice, place cutlets, romaine lettuce along with a few pickles, tomatoes and red onions slices, season with ketchup, mayo, tartar sauce, honey mustard or wasabi sauce – to taste).
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package A&B Famous Salmon Gefilte Fish, defrosted slightly, cut into 1” slices (20-ounce package)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely ground walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- lemon and lime, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using two flat plates for dipping. Place the beaten egg and water in one plate and lightly whisk to combine. In the second plate combine the bread crumbs, nuts, tarragon, parsley, thyme, paprika, basil and pepper.
- Dip the mostly frozen salmon slices into the egg mixture and then into the seasoned bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated slices on prepared cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the salmon and spray lightly with cooking spray. Return to the oven and bake approximately 10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon and lime wedges if desired.