Get your burger fix without all the extra fat and calories and with all the extra vitamins and nutrients.
Enjoy this homemade veggie burger that doesn't fall apart and don't forget the cheese!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 burgersServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 4 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 challah rolls, split
4 tablespoons Herbed Honey Mustard
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta
1. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat and cook carrots, onions, and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened.
2. In a food processor, combine carrot mixture with rice, bread crumbs, zucchini, mushrooms, egg, chili flakes, salt, coriander, and paprika. Pulse to chop and combine until a coarse mixture is formed.
3. Form 4 (1-cup) patties and place on a greased sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or overnight.
4. Preheat grill pan or sauté pan over medium high heat. Cook burgers for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until golden brown and heated through. Place each burger on a challah roll with 1 tablespoon each Herbed Honey Mustard and feta.