Just because it’s a holiday doesn’t mean you have to work extra hard or clean more dishes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 6 cups mixed chopped root vegetables, such as carrots, fennel, beets, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.
- kosher salt
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag, add honey, soy sauce, evoo, garlic, lemon juice and black pepper, allow to marinate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Place vegetables on the bottom of the a large baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining evoo and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Place chicken directly on top of the vegetables and pour extra marinade over top. Stuff the lemon in the cavity of the chicken. Tuck the wings under the body of the chicken tie the legs together (this will help keep the shape a little nicer).
- Roast the chicken for about 90 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 160℉. Remove from the oven and loosely cover with foil. Allow the chickens to rest before carving.
- To carve the chicken, (You CAN do this part!) cut the string off of the chicken and remove the vegetables and lemon. Cut down the center along the breast bone on both sides. Remove the breast bone. Pull the chicken apart slightly to expose the back bone. Cut along both sides of the backbone and remove it. Cut the bird into quarters and place a serving platter with the vegetables.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 38.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 75 mg
- Fat Content: 18.1 g
- Fiber Content: 4.8 g
- Protein Content: 18.8 g
- Sodium Content: 1543 mg
- Sugar Content: 27.2 g