Whether you’re hosting a prim tea party or a relaxed dinner party, serving something sweet is always a kind gesture. Why not wow the crowd with Honey Flan? Made using Savannah Bee Company’s Savannah Honey, this open custard tart cup requires only a handful of ingredients—and is easier to make than it seems.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 4 tablespoons Savannah Bee Company’s Savannah Honey, separated
- 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat sugar in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
2. When sugar melts and turns a light, golden brown, stir in 3 tablespoons. of honey. Mixture may clump, but keep stirring.
3. Remove from heat and quickly fill 6 custard molds with the sugar and honey mixture.
4. Blend together the sweetened condensed milk, milk, eggs, salt, and remaining honey. Once frothy, pour over the sugar and honey mixture in the molds.
5. Carefully place the molds into a 13X9” baking pan and pour 1 cup of hot tap water into the pan around the molds.
6. Cover the pan lightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. When done, the flan will jiggle slightly in the center.
7. Let the molds sit on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
8. Cover and chill for about 3 hours. Run a butter knife around the edges, then invert the molds over the serving dish to release.
9. Drizzle with honey and serve!