Easy as 1,2,3!...one bowl...mix ingredients...form & bake.
These edible dessert bowls are a healthy alternative to honey cake and cookies, easy enough for kids to make and flexible enough to suit many dietary restrictions. You can fill cups with ice cream, fruit salad, yogurt and berries or have your kids create customized filling ideas of their choice. Giving your kids choices increases their confidence, and gives them a sense of pride and excitement for the holidays.
Family traditions are made year after year and passed from generation to generation. Cooking and crafting with the kids is a custom you can create for your family starting today that will last for decades of holidays to come. Bring the kids into the kitchen, because including them will always enhance the holiday atmosphere in your home.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crushed bran flake cereal
- 1 cup chopped nuts of choice (for nut allergies, use seeds like sunflower or pumpkin)
- ½ cup chopped dates (optional)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼-½ cup honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. Use cooking spray to grease a muffin tin.
3. In a large mixing bowl, use a large spoon to mix all ingredients together until fully combined.
4. Press ⅓ cup portions into greased muffin tins.
5. Bake for twelve minutes.
6. Remove from oven and press mixture with back of a spoon. Allow to cool for twenty minutes.
7. Store in covered container for a week.
1. Yogurt and fresh fruit
2. Ice cream and chocolate sauce
3. Apple pie filling
4. Macerated berries
5. Fill with honey, serve with apples on the side