- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 20 servings ServingsServings
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, oil, 3 tablespoons butter, and honey until butter melts and mixture is very warm.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, salt, egg, and egg yolk along with warm milk mixture.
- Beat with a mixer for 3 minutes. Then add the remaining 1 3/4 cups flour and beat for 2 minutes longer.
- The dough will be very soft and sticky. Cover bowl and let the dough rise until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease 2 8" round cake pans with unsalted butter or solid shortening or spray with cooking spray containing flour.
- Stir down dough, beating for 1 minute. Then drop the dough by tablespoons into a single layer in each prepared pan, forming 10 rolls per pan.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons honey, and egg white and mix well.
- Drizzle half of this mixture over the rolls. Then cover the rolls and let rise again in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Drizzle remaining topping over rolls. Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Makes 20 rolls.
Honey Roll Batter (dairy) These are very quick to make because you don't have to knead the dough.