This roast--deliciously crusted with horseradish, Dijon mustard, and spices--is perfect hot out of the oven, but it's also amazing cold on a sandwich.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10Servings
- 8 pound Grow & Behold five-bone in beef rib roast
- ¾ cup prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Set a rack in a large, deep roasting pan and place the beef roast on the rack.
2. In a small bowl, blend the horseradish with the Dijon mustard, chopped parsley, ground pepper, sugar and vinegar to form a paste. Slather the paste all over the top and sides of the meat. Roast in the lower third of the oven for about 2 hours, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 125°F. Transfer the roast to a cutting board and let rest for at least 20 minutes.
3. Discard the string and thinly slice the roast beef across the grain. Transfer the meat to a platter and serve.
Recipe by Jessica and Joshua Applestone originally published in Bon Appetit, 2009.