We call this our 'Slaw Dog'. Usually I like coleslaw accompanying my hot dog, but this time I decided to take a risk and mix the two together. The scallions will add a sharp flavor to your dog, while the ramen noodles will give you that extra crunch you’ve been waiting for. Adding an Asian sesame dressing will give your hot dog some sweetness and tang.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7 ServingsServings
- 1 (14 oz) package of beef Frankfurters aka hot dogs
- 1 (12 oz) package of Frankfurter rolls
- 2 cups of finely chopped coleslaw
- 1/2 cup of diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons of bottled Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy dressing (we like Kens') or a variation
- 3 tablespoons of ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1. Option 1: Coat a skillet with cooking spray and add the frankfurters. On a medium-high heat, cook your dogs and constantly turn them in order that they evenly cook.
Option 2: Place the frankfurters on the grill perpendicular to the grate and 1 inch apart. Turn the dogs every 1-2 minutes in order that your dog cooks evenly.
Your hot dogs will be ready once the outside begins to crack.
2. In a bowl, place the coleslaw, scallions, ramen noodles, sesame seeds and dressing. Lightly toss.
3. Open your hot dog buns face down either on a grill or skillet and toast for 30 seconds.
4. When the hot dogs and buns are ready add the coleslaw mixture to the top of each frankfurter.