It's really cranberry apple, but the kids enjoy calling it crapple. So simple when you make this with canned apple pie and canned whole berry cranberry sauce, all you need to do is mix the topping and bake.
It's also really a crisp, but we call it a cobbler.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted margarine / butter
- 1 large can apple pie filling, drained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Melt the margarine.
3 Combine flour, oatmeal, sugar, margarine, cinnamon in a bowl and mix till well blended.
4 Open both cans, pour into greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
5 Top fruit with oatmeal mixture making sure it covers it evenly.
6 Bake 45 minutes uncovered or until the top is well browned.