These delicious mini cucumber sammies are filled with an interesting combination of peanut butter and hummus. It is the perfect flavorful protein packed sandwich filling. If you need to add some carbs to your snack, pop it on a thin cracker.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 3 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7 tablespoons water
- 4 Persian cucumbers 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 20 seconds.
2. Combine peanut butter and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor.
3. With food processor running, slowly drizzle in water; process until smooth.
4. Serve with cucumber as mini sandwiches (hummus in between).
Note: Roll in black, or white sesame seeds, if desired.