This version of nicoise leaves out many of the traditional components like tuna and olives and is more of a Mediterranean flavored potato salad.
- Prep Time
- 5 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium red onions
- 2 each: red and green bell peppers, yellow Holland peppers
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons thyme and oregano
- 2-1/2 cups vinaigrette dressing*
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Julienne onions. Core, seed and julienne peppers. Core and cut tomatoes into 1 inch cubes.
3. Wash basil and leave whole.
4. Toss all above ingredients with thyme, oregano and dressing. (Potatoes will absorb flavors best when still hot.)
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on your favorite greens.
Tip: Suggested pairing: barbecued chicken
Source: Idaho Potato Commisson