These stuffed baked potatoesl, somewhat reminscent of potato graten in taste, are a real treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 9 Idaho potatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and cut Idaho® potatoes in half (cutting the potatoes as if they were lying on a table from top to bottom right down the middle) and make a base by cutting the ends off of each side so the potatoes can sit flat.
2. Hollow out the larger cut side of the potato with melon baller, leaving a 1/4 inch edge on sides and bottom.
3. Blanch potatoes until soft (do not over cook).
4. Mix mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper and fill potatoes using a pastry bag.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until mayonnaise mixture is golden brown. About 15 minutes in a convection oven.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission