This recipe is a favorite in my family, a must-have for every Shabbos and will probably be a must-have in your family too. Enjoy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 4 small pats butter or vegan butter
- 1 pre-made pie crust, thawed or refrigerated
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Cut tops off apples; use spoon or apple corer to hollow out each apple, reserving apple flesh while discarding seeds and fibrous center.
2. Coarsely chop the pieces of apple and apple tops; place in a bowl and toss with cinnamon, sugar and salt.
3. Fill the hollowed apples with the apple mixture. Place a pat of butter on top of each filled appe.
4. Unroll your pie crust and cut into strips. Place about 3 strips of piecrust over the top of each apple. Then place 3 more in the opposite direction. You can also lattice the strips.
5. Place the apples in a pan; add enough water to just cover the bottom. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
Remove from oven and drizzle with honey before serving.