This dip is a twist on the classic Southwestern party dip. These are the 7 layers we chose, but feel free to use what you have or what you love. Make it non-dairy by subbing the labaneh with babaganoush and leaving out the cheese.
If you can’t find matbucha use a spicy salsa.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup Labaneh or Greek yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 tablespoon zaatar
- 1 cup matbucha
- ½ cup crumbled bulgarit or feta cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped black cured olives or tomatoes
- Optional: top with schug or harissa for some spice and heat
1. Spread hummus in a shallow serving dish, glass is best. Layer chickpeas and labaneh over top. Drizzle with evoo and sprinkle with zaatar.
2. Layer with matbucha, crumbled cheese, cucumbers and olives or tomatoes.