This drink is a variation of a traditional Mexican frozen margarita. The mango chunks add an extra level of smoothness and density, the jalapeño adds a little bite, and the za’atar gives it just the right Israeli finish.
- Prep Time
- 1½ ounces gold tequila
- 2½ ounces pineapple juice
- ¼ small jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Rimming and garnish: salt and za’atar, fresh lime wedges, extra jalapeño slices
1. Add tequila, pineapple juice, jalapeño, mango, and ice cubes to a blender and blend until most of the chunks are gone.
2. Pour into an iced margarita glass that has been rimmed with lime, salt, and za’atar. Garnish with a lime wedge and a slice of jalapeño, if desired.