Kids love everything bite-sized.
These mini pitas are great for dinner or lunch. But forming the burgers is where the fun is at. Have kids put some gloves on, squish the spices into the meat, and form the patties to pan sear or grill.
The best thing about these is that they are quick to make, and they form a complete meal.
P.S. For an adult version, try the kufta turkey kebob recipe, form into burger shapes and serve with tahini.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground meat, spice rub and 2 tablespoons olive oil until well mixed.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and form ⅓ cup patties.
3. Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat and place patties in pan, making sure not to overcrowd pan.
4. Cook for about five minutes, until a nice crust forms, and then flip.
5. Cook another 3-5 minutes until patties are just cooked through.
6. Remove from heat and place in mini-pitas.
7. Top with vegetables, fresh parsley and drizzle with tahini, or ketchup and some of your favorite hot sauce.