Pasta and bean salad is a Southern favorite all year round and I can't resist putting my Israeli spin on this crowd pleaser. Za’atar is a ubiquitous Israeli spice blend that can be found in most kosher supermarkets.
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons za’atar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cups Israeli couscous, cooked al dente
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
1. In a mason jar, shake za’atar, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Toss couscous, chickpeas, raisins and dried cranberries together and drizzle with vinaigrette.